Dal is on regular rotation in our homes - it's so easy, flavorful, and satisfying. We love a recipe developed by Eden Grinshpan that could not be more simple, but instead of using the ground turmeric and fresh ginger called for in her recipe, we decided to throw in some of our favorite cold-pressed juice shots from our friends at Monfefo. These juices are incredible and makes this dish even simpler to make. No chopping ginger or any of it. You can have dinner on the table in 20 min. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon Monfefo Turmeric Shot
- 1 tablespoon Monfefo Ginger Shot
- 1 cup Beanstory Petite Crimson Lentils, rinsed
- 1 400ml can of Coconut Milk
- 1 can of water
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with Basmati rice
Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized pot. Once melted, add the onion and season with salt. Sauté until translucent (~3 min). Add the garlic, curry powder, and Monfefo shots. Sauté on medium-low for ~3 min.
Add the lentils, coconut milk, then refill the empty coconut milk can with water and add the water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, cover, and cook for ~20 min.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with Basmati rice.
Voila. You're done!