White beans and tomatoes are a natural mix. Add capers and herbs and you've got a totally satisfying meal (or side) that's easy to pull together.
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/14 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno or Fresno chili pepper (halve and seed the pepper before chopping (or 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes)
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- Main Dish
- 1 1/2 cup cooked Silver Cloud Cannellini beans (from 1/2 cup dried)
- 1lb 2oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped (or fresh basil, leaves torn, or finely chopped parsely)
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F. Then make the dressing by adding the mustard and white balsamic vinegar to a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk together. Slowly add in 5 tablespoons of olive oil and continue whisking. Add the grated garlic and chopped jalapeno. Stir to combine.
Place the beans in a baking dish and pour 1/2 the dressing on top (reserve the rest). Mix well. Lay the tomatoes on top of the beans and drizzle with olive oil (~2 tablespoons). Season with salt and pepper. Roast the beans and tomatoes for about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are nice and soft, but not mushy.
Remove from the oven and pour the remaining dressing over the roasted beans and tomatoes and top with chopped capers and mint (or whatever herb you're using). Enjoy immediately.